Registration for this year’s NWA Gives is closed. Check back for info related to other fundraising days. The next one scheduled is Giving Tuesday in late November.
You are invited to participate in this year’s NWA Gives campaign. This is the first year that we have done this Giving Day here in Northwest Arkansas.
For the past 3 years, the Arkansas Community Foundation has sponsored a giving day called Arkansas Gives for non-profits all over the state of Arkansas and were very successful in helping our community raise much needed resources. Over the past 3 years, they helped raise over $12 million dollars. But, this initiative was intended to prime the pump for non-profits and is not happening again this year. We are beholden to them for their vision of helping raise the standard of fundraising among this critical segment in our state.
We co-lead an organization called Freedom 5:one that benefited greatly from this initiative. We raised $900 the first year, $10,000 the second year and almost $25,000 year three. Like many groups we were sad to see Arkansas Gives go. So, we decided to help spearhead a regional version of
it here in Northwest Arkansas for groups in our part of the state. We call it NWA Gives.
This event would not be possible without the NWA Gives Networking Team who identified and recruited non-profits across the Region.
- Bentonville/Bella Vista Chamber of Commerce
- Center for Nonprofits at St. Mary’s
- Center for Nonprofits at The JTL SHOP
- Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce
- Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Rogers/Lowell Chamber of Commerce
- Rogers Ministerial Alliance
- Springdale Chamber of Commerce
Here are some details about the NWA Gives 2018 Giving Day
Who participates? This is a fundraising event for non-profits in Northwest Arkansas. Must be a registered 501 (c)(3) organization.
When? This event will be held April 5, 2018 from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Where? This is an online campaign and will be hosted at www.nwagives.org
How does it work? Every participating organization will be listed alphabetically on the site and have a link back to your website to use your giving platform. We are not using a central processor this year so your donors will go to your website and give directly to your organization.
What do we need to do to participate?
- Give us the official name of your organization
- Give us phone and email contact info for your point person
- Give us your web address for the website
- Give us a logo for the NWA Gives site
- Send your organization name, contact information, web address and logo to the NWA Gives Project Coordinator- Jay Langston at [email protected]
- Commit to provide us giving updates on April 5 during the day. Since all the money will go through your giving platform, we will not know how much you have raised. One of the fun aspects of this campaign for your base is that they get regular updates as to how you are progressing towards your goal.
Click Here to download a Press Release to share with your supports
Here are some artwork files for you to use in your campaign:
Click Here for Vertical Logo to use in your Social Media
Click Here for Horizontal Log to use in your Social Media
Click Here for a Save the Date Badge
Click Here for a Give Now Button (for your website, email or social media)
Click Here for an I Gave Button (for donors to use on social media)
Click Here for a header image for email or Twitter
Click Here for a Facebook Cover image
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us! We hope NWA Gives will help you achieve your vision to make Northwest Arkansas an even better place to live. Thanks for what you do!
The good people who live here are some of the most generous around and our organizations give them an opportunity to live vicariously through the good works of our nonprofits. Together let’s raise the tide of generosity for the good of the people who live here.
Chris Haas & Tim Howington